Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Staff can Help Begin the Process:
- Consulting on database selection for your research topic
- What's been done?
- Who's doing research in your area of interest?
- Assist in getting the best information on your topic
- Conducting targeted literature searches
- Identifying authoritative Web sites to support your research
- Creating Table of Contents feeds and subject-specific alerts from relevant journals in your research areas
- Easily create and import citations form databases into EndNote
- Identifying journals relevant to your areas of research for possible submission;
- Finding instructions for authors
- Checking journal Impact Factors
- Identifying potential venues for poster presentations
Library Services for Authors and Presenters:
- Locating statistics, images, or graphics to supplement your publication or presentation
- Provide Help with copyright questions
- Assistance with preparation of your manuscript using bibliographic software such as EndNote
- Exploring alternate publishing models including Open Access journals
- Verifying citations
- Recommending keywords (metadata) for your article
- Navigating the online submission process
- Addressing the issue of retaining full or partial ownership of your work
- Assistance in complying with the NIH Public Access Policy
- Linking your articles to the RowanSOM database of publications
- Helping to set up RSS feeds from important sources
- Determining who is citing your work or the work of key experts in your field
We are here to help you!
For More information, please contact the Library at (856) 566-6800, or use the "Ask-A-Librarian" email form.
Classes and Consultation:
See the Library Training and Classes web page for more information on classes offered by the Library.
- Database Selection and Screening
- MEDLINE (PubMed & Ovid)
- Scopus (Citation index and more)
- Journal Citation Reports
- Using bibliographic reference management software: EndNote
- Searching for Evidence-Based Resources
- Finding Images online
- Exploring the capabilities of PowerPoint to create presentations and posters
- Web 2.0 tools for research and publication