Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to the RowanSOM Library
OLOL/Virtua nursing students are welcome to utilize the main area of the RowanSOM Library, the quiet study room, and the computer lab of the RowanSOM Library, but OLOL/Virtua students may not reserve or use the small study rooms in the RowanSOM Library.
- All students must show a Rowan ID to library staff upon entering the library and observe the food and beverage policy and all posted signage in the library.
- The hours of the library are posted on the library's website. Due to limited staff evening and weekend hours are subject to change with little notice. Changes to hours are posted at the entrance to the Library and on the Library's website.
Access to other Rowan University Libraries
- OLOL/Virtua students can borrow items, use computers, and study at the Campbell Library, Glassboro, and access the Wifi network.
- OLOL/Virtua students can visit the CMSRU Libraries, Camden to borrow items only. There are no evening or weekend hours and study space is limited at Camden Libraries.
- Rowan ID needed to gain access to Rowan Libraries, on evenings and weekends through card swipe or tap. Rowan IDs from one campus may not allow access to buildings on another campus. Contact the appropriate Rowan Library with questions about accessing libraries on evenings and weekends.
Printing & Copying
- OLOL/Virtua students can print from laptops, mobile devices, and library computers
- Printer located in the rear of the RowanSOM library in the computer lab area.
- Library FAQ explains how to upload and release print job using your Rowan affiliate ID.
- Add RowanBucks to your RowanCard account before you can print.
- Printing in the library is administered by Rowan IRT. Contact the Rowan IRT help desk by calling 856 256-4400 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or problems regarding printing.
- Black-and-white copy machine behind library service desk. Ask library staff for assistance.
- No charge for fewer than 10 copies. For 10 or more copies, the cost is 10 cents per page.
- Cash ONLY, NO debit or credit cards. Library can make change for small bills only, (under $20).
Library Computers & Wifi
- Over 10 Internet connected computers and laptops in the library, most located in computer lab at rear of library. \
- Use Rowan NetID to log-in all computers in the library.
- Refer to the library's Computing Services page for more information.
- OLOL/Virtua students can use wifi network on the Stratford and Glassboro campuses as guests.
- See the Rowan University Wireless Networking page for information on connecting your device.
Borrowing & Inter-Library Loan Services
- OLOL/Virtua students may borrow items from the RowanSOM Library’s collections.
- Refer to the Collections page for information about the library’s collections and borrowing policies.
- OLOL/Virtua students can use the RowanSOM Library's Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service to obtain articles and books not available through Rowan University Libraries.
Reference Services and Database and Resources Access
- Use Rowan NetID to access ejournals, ebooks, databases, and other resources available online through Rowan University Libraries.
- See library FAQ on how to access online databases and resources from on and off-campus.
- For extensive nursing reference assistance and educational services contact the Nursing Librarian, Samantha Kennedy at the Campbell Library on the Glassboro campus.
- RownSOM Library supports the SOM and GSBS programs on the Stratford campus, but will assist OLOL/Virtua students with general reference and library support questions. Contact the RowanSOM Librarians using the AskALibrarian email form.