Please note: Although a great deal of the information featured in this subject guide can be used by those interested in academic publishing in any field, the resources, links, and tips featured in this subject were assembled primarily with health sciences researcher in mind.
- Tools to ensure your manuscript is formatted correctly and using the appropriate style
- An overview and comparison of reference management software available for you to use
- Information on alternate publishing models including open access journals
- Tips for navigating the journal submission process
- Addressing the issues of copyright and ethics in academic publishing
- Determining who is citing your work or the work of key experts in your field
- Tools and software to help match your manuscript and research to appropriate journals
- Tips for avoiding predatory journals and "fake" academia as a whole
- Guidelines to avoid plagiarism
The CMSRU medical librarians are here to help you!
For more information, please contact the Library at (856) 342-2522, or use the contact box directly to the right to email or chat with a librarian.